Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Boyne Highlands or Bust NYE !!!

So as a giant surprise, Mike decided to surprise me for Christmas with a weekend filled with wonder, mystery, and busting my ass down the hill learning to snowboard for the first time. Boyne Highlands here we come. My nerves are kicking me with anticipation before we head out.



As a first timer to any ski resort I have obviously began by over packing. Snowboarding wear that is. That stuff takes up so much room I cannot believe it! What I have decided to share is how I have chosen to get all of my belongings, including my gear, into a carry-on luggage bag and a small gym duffel bag. Trust, I even really impressed myself.

Cardigans and belts are key. They are the easiest way to look chic. I only packed 1 pair of jeans and 2 pairs of leggings. Obviously for day and nighttime looks. My two cadigans/open sweaters will easily transition me from day to evening looks. By belting them, it instantly dresses up the outfit. Add heels and you are ready to go to the bar. Add my cool railroad looking boots, and you have an amazing daytime look. It reminds me of traveling to Sundance.

Leggings and jeggings are always a lifesaver. They condense down and are far less bulky than jeans and just as warm.

1 pair of statement boots. My Ugg Fuzzy Momma boots are a must! Not only do they bring out some weird carnal desire in most men, but when are fuzzy boots on a ski slope not appropriate. I plan on wearing these out with sweater tights and a super cute swing dress for new years.

As far as makeup goes, I have to make sure not to bring everything. As whenever I have done this I have lost items. So my MAC pick four palate is amazing. And no one in Northern Michigan wears a crazy smokey eye. So flawless beauty is a must. I picked 3 shades of golds and peaches and one brown (cork, my go to MAC color). These will make creating a "I just wake up looking flawless" look really easy. My Mirabella quick ink liquid liner and mascara. I hate waterproof mascara so I tinted my lashes black for daytime on the snow. A light pink blush, in a rosy gold color, to give me a glow. Laura Mercier tinited moisturizer, the buildable coverage allows you to leave the concealer at home.


And Mirabella Illumintaing dusting powder, the shimmer will be great to give me a dewy glow in frigid weather.





So outside of telling you about all the rest of my snowgear and pj's, that's all folks. Hot outfits and cool weather. I am hoping for lots of snow, warm laughs and a kiss that will make my melt. Cheers to everyone in the new year and I will post pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment